Do you love photography? Do you want to live on it? Then wedding photography is the best solution for you.
A photographer can demand higher value in society. He lives his dream as well as get paid respectfully.
Moreover, if this is wedding photography, it demands more value. You are hired not only to take photographs; in fact, you are hired to capture a family’s best moments.
But here are some boundaries. If you publish these images without retouching, images will not look attractive.
If you do a business of photography, you should know some basics. So here is a guideline to learn how to start a wedding photography business.
- Start Your Own Wedding Photography Business
- Step 1: Business Registration
- Step 2: Buy Some Essential Tools
- Step 3: Choose Your Business Name
- Step 4: Create Your Business Website
- Step 5: Capture Best Moments
- Step 6: Be Famous on Your Area
- Step 7: Create Your Portfolio
- How Much it Costs to Start A Wedding Photography Business?
- How Will You Charge?
- Final Thought
Start Your Own Wedding Photography Business
Wedding photography is a good idea if you want a photography business. We can guide you with some useful ideas to run your business. Here is a step-by-step follow-up guide:
Step 1: Business Registration
To start any business, you must go through registration. Otherwise, there will be no record of your business, and you can’t demand any protection from the government. So, this step is most important. You can hire a lawyer for this legal procedure.
Step 2: Buy Some Essential Tools
Now, you need to spend a significant amount. If you want to be a quality photographer, you will need some good brand Equipements.
Camera: At least you must have owned a DSLR camera.
- Extra memory cards
You need to buy a computer with proper storage. Buy hard drives with a good memory.
Step 3: Choose Your Business Name
Choose an elegant name for your business. There is immense importance to a perfect reputation. Because you are an official photographer now, you can’t just choose a name by fun fact. We can help you in this case.
- What is your subject: As you are a wedding photographer, your topic must be a wedding ceremony, birthday, akikah, walima, etc. So, choose a name which goes with something festive.
- Clients: Keep in mind who your clients are. Most of the time, you will get the bride, groom, and family as your clients. So, choose a name which goes on the subject.
- Your name: As you are head of your business, you can keep your name.
- Your story: Every person has their own story. You can go with a name that defines your story.
- Dramatic name: You can choose a surprising name. You can follow your favorite poem line, song, personality, painting, etc.
Step 4: Create Your Business Website
Now create a website of your own. You will need a budget for buying domain and host. You can seek help from an excellent hosting service. Then clients can see your work on your website.
Step 5: Capture Best Moments
In today’s world, people don’t accept raw photos. All races and all complexion, people want their image to be attractive. You are hired not only for taking photographs; in fact, you are hired to capture a family’s best moments. Raw pictures may hide huge mistakes due to poor lighting or motion.
So, learn about wedding photography edit.
Step 6: Be Famous on Your Area
Now it is hard work. Try to get a call as much as possible. The more samples you create, the more jobs you will get. At first, seek works from your relatives, friends, neighbors. Tell them to suggest your name for other wedding photography.
Here is an important trick. Keep your price low in your first works. People will hire you more. When you make a place in the market, you can adjust your price according to your demand.
Step 7: Create Your Portfolio
After you have gathered a lot of samples, make a portfolio. Publish your works on your website. You can share your work on other social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Viber, Imo, etc.
How Much it Costs to Start A Wedding Photography Business?
Running a business is not a simple issue. You have to gather the right amount of money to run a proper business. We can show a general list:
- Business registration: you have to spend around 100 dollars for this purpose. You can hire an attorney to maintain your economic tasks.
- Camera: The camera is the essential thing without which you can go for photography. There are cameras of various brands ranging from 500 to 10,000 dollars. It is not necessary to buy a too expensive camera, but at least buy a good one.
- Lens: You can get lens kits free with your camera. Just buy a zoom lens to adjust focus. When you get experienced, you will know which lens you need. You can get a lens in a hundred to thousand dollars.
- Lighting: For wedding photography, light is an important issue. You will need 100 to 1000 dollars.
- Website: To open your website, you have to buy a domain name and host. You will need around 200 to 1000 dollars.
- Choose a helping hand for editing: Clipping Path CA is a great example of a wedding photography edit. You can follow them and set your goal.
Here is your entire cost plan. Now you have an idea for your budget.
How Will You Charge?
You may be doing this as a passion. But if you have a photography business, you must know your price. We may help you out.
- Know about other photographers’ prices. There must be a price fixed in the market for wedding photography. You can create a document or sheets to keep records. Now, you decide your amount on average.
- Choose your clients: There are many types of clients. Some clients belong to the royal family and demand a lavish wedding ceremony—moreover, some clients demand a simple formal photoshoot. If you go for high maintenance clients, keep your price range high. They will require something extra from you.
- You can give some package offers. This is an excellent business strategy. Also, you can provide valentine’s wedding offers, winter wedding offers, etc.
- Charge hourly. There may be some delay in starting the program, which shouldn’t be your loss.
The wedding photography business is a work of passion as well as a highly professional job. Love your business and love your clients. Never take your ability for granted. Now you know how to start a wedding photography business.