In today’s world, it is impossible to pass one day without a cell phone camera. A camera phone is more straightforward in design and process than any digital camera.
A camera phone is one that plays multiple functions. It is used to call and send messages, but also it is used for technical purposes, social working, calendar, clock, games, calculator, and various other functions. Most importantly, it captures pictures and videos.
Camera phones are portable. So, you can take it wherever you go and capture your moment. There are also fundamental differences between various camera phones. To overcome these differences, manufacturing companies have taken initiatives, such as the production of camera lenses. By reading this article, we can get a clear idea.
Some Information About Cell Phone Camera
Camera phones are considered a unique device for photography. It can capture pictures; record videos send those to another device via m.m.s. The first camera phone was released in Japan, which was named Kyocera.
Cell phone cameras are designed simpler than any digital camera. Most camera phones have CMOS sensors. Also, they have a fixed-focus lens and small sensor. Also, they lack shutter and optical zoom and USB connection.
But smartphones have Bluetooth and WIFI connection, which is considered as an advantage. Many manufacturing companies of these cell phones improving features every year, and their cameras are getting better.
Advantage of Camera Phones
- Camera phones have additional features like image editing apps, image stitching.
- Any inexperienced person can take better images using a smartphone; it is difficult for them to use digital cameras.
- You have to spend a significant amount to get a digital camera. It needs some accessories which are not cheaper anyways. But you can get a smartphone with an essential lens at half price.
- You can adjust the focus by touching the touch screen. It is one of the most challenging works to change the focus on digital cameras.
- In the past few years, some advanced features are added in phones such as night mode, Bokeh mode, RAW image, etc.
- The lens is also developed, which gives a special effect to your image.
Now Decide which one is Best Camera Phones
In today’s generation, camera phones are a hot topic. Here is a list of the best camera phones.
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro: This device has a triple camera. Also, it has multiple features, exposures, tones. It snaps images with a wide view. But this is expensive for most people.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G: This device is brilliant if compared to other camera phones. It has 108 MP camera.
- Huawei P40 Pro: By this device, you can capture a detailed look. It has a 50 MP camera. But it lacks many Android features.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G: It has 10 to 12 MP camera.
- Google Pixel 4XL: 12 to 16 MP camera.
- iPhone SE: 12 and 28 MP
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10: 108 MP
- Sony Xperia 1: 12 MP
- OnePlus 8 Pro: 48 MP
- Google Pixel 3A: 12 MP
These have the best camera on cell phones.
Best Cell Phone Camera Lens And Kits
The lenses you use in a cell phone are convex on one side and concave on another part, which is called meniscus. This feature works as a convex lens. In detail, this lens collects all the rays and focuses on a center point. The point is created in a film that produces a quality image.
We are all used to take pictures using our cell phone camera. The reason behind this is it is portable. We can’t carry digital cameras all-time with us. But all cell phone doesn’t have similar features, and all phones can’t take identical quality photos. To get rid of this problem, lenses are manufactured.
If you want to buy a lens, you must go through some information. You can search on various websites and ask a skilled person. If you try to snap a particular type of photos, you may need a specific kind of lens. Some like close-up shots; some like to snap from a distance. Depending on that, lenses will vary.
You have to think if you want a portable lens or not. Mobile lenses are cheaper and lighter. Also, these take a bit fewer quality photo. The heavier ones are not portable and expensive. But those can give you your photos of choice.
Most importantly, you have to set your budget first. The more you spend, the more you can achieve quality photos. Thumbnail, Title, Prime status – these are quite affordable and good. Here are some best cell phone camera lenses.
- Bit play AllClip and Premium HD Wide Angle Lens
- Olloclip Multi-Device Clip: These are available for iPhones only. It has a Core Lens Set, designed for iPhone 7 and 8. This also provides Fisheye Lens, Macro Lens, and Super-Wide Lens.
- Moment M-series Macro Lens: This is one of the best lenses. It has a superficial lens, wide lens, macro lens, tele portrait lens. These are available for iPhone 6 series, iPhone 7 series, iPhone 8 series iPhone X, Pixel series, Galaxy series, Galaxy Note series.
- Photo JoJo Lens: These are available for iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Android series, etc.
- Amir Camera Lens Kit: It has a super Wide-Angle lens, Fisheye lens, Enhanced Maro lens. These are available for iPhone 6,7,8 series and other smartphones.
- Mactrem Phone Camera Lens Kit
- Apexel 1.33x Mobile Anamorphic Lens
- Exolens with Optics by Zeiss Wide-Angle
- Sony QX10
- Nelomo Universal
- Xenvo Pro Lens Kit
- Aukey Ora: This has 120-degree Wide-Angle Lens and Macro Lens.
- Hizek 3 in 1 Camera Lens Set: This has the perfect Fisheye Lens for iPhone 7 Plus. Also, it provides Macro and Wide-Angle Lens. These are available for the iPhone series and Samsung series.
These are the best cell phone camera lens kits. All types of lenses are available for iPhone, SAMSUNG series, HUAWEI series, IPAD, Tablets, and other phones. If you need it, you can find tripods and other tools for your camera phones.
Complete Guide to Attaching The Lens on Phones
You have bought an expensive camera lens. But you don’t know how to attach it. Don’t worry. Here is the guideline for you.
Step 1: Collecting tools
You need a Zoom lens with a rear cover. You have to attach the eyepiece to the back cover. You also need a plastic tube. Its inner diameter must be the same as the barrel of the Zoom lens. Now, you can focus your image by adjusting the distance between the lens and eyepiece. Also, you will need a plastic tube cutting tool, drill, glue, knife, and sandpaper. Buy all the stuff and gather in one place for your ease.
Step 2: Eyepiece
Open the cap and remove everything inside the lens. Then cut the end of the knob, unscrew the eyepiece, and clean the barrel. Then trim it with sandpaper and put the eyepiece in its place back. Adjust its position by looking through the eyepiece in the lens. When you get a clear image, then its location is okay.
Step 3: Hole in the rear lens cover
Take the measurement of the inner diameter of the barrel. Then draw a circle of the same width on the rear cover. Then cut it off using an x-acto knife. You can also use an anti-cutter or blade or similar things. But if you use a drill, then it will crack the rear cover. Then rub the surface with sandpaper to make the surface plain.
Step 4: Attaching tube to rear cover
Get an idea about the distance between the eyepiece and zoom lens, measure on the plastic tube. Then cut the tube according to that measurement. Use any kind of cutting tool, but be careful of cracks.
Then fix the tube with rear cover using any kind of strong glue. Make sure that the tube is placed centrally. This will keep the eyepiece attached to the zoom lens.
Step 5: Assembling all the parts
Now you have to get all the things together. First, put the eyepiece barrel inside the adaptor. Now attach the adaptor to the lens. Then attach the eyepiece to the phone case. At last, put your phone in the phone case.
Step 6: Checking
Now it’s time to check. Click pictures of your choice. See the images. You may see a vignette at the edge. It’s because the cell phone camera has a wide-angle lens. So, the eyepiece edge is also included in the images. It is normal. But if any other errors occur, you have to adjust everything again or get the help of some pro.
Cell phone cameras may not bring the particular effect you want as a digital camera brings. But it is also true that digital cameras with colossal size and various other accessories create a mess. You can never think of taking a digital camera if you want to visit mountains or forests or other countries. You can simply take it to hangouts.
If you are a professional photographer, a digital camera is a must. But in case of passion, a cell phone camera can do well. If you attach a cell phone camera lens, you can get the almost similar effect you want in digital cameras. So, a smartphone camera is a big yes.